We are pleased to announce that the 10th Conference of the Association of Language Centres in Higher Education (ACLES) will be hosted by the University of Vigo, Spain, on 29/06-01/07/2017.
Under the title of “The role of Language Centres in the internationalization strategy of universities”, the Conference will cover the following thematic areas:
- Language policy and internationalization
- Specific training for the university community
- Management and direction of Language Centres in Higher Education
- Language testing and accreditation
The 10th ACLES Conference invites papers which are focused on any of the abovementioned thematic areas.
We invite abstract submissions for 20-minute paper presentations. Abstracts should be no longer than 300 words (references excluded) and should be written in both Spanish and English, the two official conference languages. They should be submitted as a .pdf file or in MS Word document format (.doc or .docx).
The abstract document itself must not contain the name of the author(s), as abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by members of the Scientific Committee.
Include the following information at the top of the abstract, in the order indicated:
- Panel: out of the 4 planned thematic areas, select the panel you are submitting your proposal to.
- Title of proposal
- Keywords: Mention a maximum of 5 keywords.
- Language of delivery
The maximum number of abstracts from any one person that will be accepted for presentation is two; this includes joined authored proposals.
Send the abstract document as an attachment to the following address: ACLES10@uvigo.es. The name of the attached file, as well as the subject of the email must be “ACLES 2017_surnames of author(s)”. We request you to provide the following details in the body of your email:
- Surname(s) and first name of author(s)
- Institutional affiliation of author(s)
- E-mail address of author(s)
- Indicate if you will need technical equipment other than a computer and a projector. We will do our best to provide it, although we cannot guarantee it.
The deadline for submission is 28 February 2017. Notification of acceptance will be sent out by 28 April 2017 to the authors’ email address.
- Time for paper presentations: 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes for questions/discussion.
- Though Spanish and English are the official conference languages, it is possible to present papers in a different language provided that the audiovisual and/or written support is in English or Spanish. No interpreting service will be available.
- The author of the paper (or at least one of the authors in the case of a co-authored paper) must be registered at the conference and have completed payment of the registration fee to be able to present the paper.
- It is our intention to publish a peer-reviewed selection of papers from the conference in a volume which will be submitted for the consideration of international publishers.
Any enquiries about the conference should be sent to: ACLES10@uvigo.es